VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live up in a colder part of the Canadia and just purchased a 2006 Jetta 2.5 a few months back. I may have made a grievous error.

Up until a couple weeks ago I had had heated underground parking, but now I'm stuck outside for the rest of the winter. The other night I checked the weather and it was supposed to drop to -26C, so I went out to plug in my car. No matter how much I searched around the front of the engine compartment where I would expect to find the plug, I could not. I am very lucky I coaxed her into starting the next morning.

My question is this: Am I stupid because I can't find the plug, [where is it?] or am I stupid because I bought a car without a block heater? -_-"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Older brother smacked me in the head and told me to ask the dealership I bought it from. Aside from the smack it was good advice. I do not have a block heater, but they will install one for $300 CDN. I guess it's going to be worth it to have my car survive a -30C night. :|

·
Registered
24 Posts
$300 for a block heater!!!!!!!!!

Check around and do not have it done at the dealership.

No way a block heater should cost more than $150.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it didn't. They installed a block heater and a pan heater, about $150 each, about $30 labour, and 66 cents for four zip-ties. [I can't believe they invoiced that]

I'm not complaining, it's pushing -35C here and my car started for me this morning. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts