VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some info on what is causing my 09 Jetta SE's interior lights, vanity lights, and glove box light not to work. Has anyone seen this with their Jetta? If so, what did it take to track down the issue. I checked every fuse visually and with an ohm meter to make sure that is not the problem. I'm assuming a wire is shorted out or broken somewhere.... any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you do anything like replace the lights with LEDs? How long have they not been working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
European car such as your Jetta use some technology called Can-Bus. Can-Bus basically makes your Jetta’s electronic parts work together as one. (Its hard to explain. I’m sure the internet has better explanation for what Can-Bus is.) If they are led lights, LEDs produce less power than the stock bulbs so the Can-Bus system in your Jetta reads the led bulbs as a burnt out bulb so there could be an error message in the dashboard or the car will just completely cut the power to the led bulbs. I had that problem when I put leds in my parking lights. To fix this you’ll need to get a resistor kit for the car battery to trick the car into thinking the leds are stock bulbs or even better just buy led bulbs with a built in resistor. Also called error free led bulbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts