VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a pain in the ass. 75k miles on car.So my wife was driving her car when it started to act like it was running out of gas and cut out. when she pulled over it started back up immediately but same thing. Threw CEL P2293 Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 Performance. I pulled the high pressure fuel pump and checked cam follower. Her motor has the roller style follower. It looked in great shape. put a meter on two pins on switch on top of pump was like around 1ohms, which is good. changed the pump anyways to the latest revision. drove fine for 4 days. yesterday she was driving and same thing. same code. guess i will try fuel pressure sensor. if that doesn't work guess i will try fuel filter. dont have vag com just obd ii. don't want to take it to vw unless i have to. i would think if it was the tank pump i would get a different set of codes. any thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I hooked better scanner to it. Got the code for fuel pump malfunction and P0087 low fuel rail pressure. Gonna get a used known good fuel pump control module and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a control module and put it in. Took pump out and looked at it was I had it apart. Was very clean. Doubt pump or filter goin bad. Could b pressure sensor if this don't fix it. Drive it 50 miles and hasn't shut off yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been driving car for over a week and no problems. I am assuming at this point it is fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts