VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 09 VW Routan 8 months ago. I have not been able to drive it for the last 2 months. 01/04/14 it drove fine, came home and park it for a couple days. Went to go start the van on 01/07/14 wouldn't crank over. Come to find out the battery died. Jumped it and would not run smooth. Had my buddy come over and hooked his computer to it after we changed the battery. The van threw out a P0300 random misfire code and system running to rich. Got it to a dealership to have them reset the parameters. (buddy told me that this might need to be done due to the fact the battery died completely.) This did not correct the issue. The dealership then performed a compression test on the cylinders. They ran the test twice and did not find anything wrong. They did narrow the misfire to cylinders 1,3,5. There fix for this is to change the cylinder head for 1,3,5 due to worn out EGR port. The van is out of warranty so this a costly repair. I have seen some other people out there post similar problems and have had to replace the head multiple times with out resolving the issue. I got the van back from the dealership. I am not convinced that this the issue. My buddy and I went back and started checking into it. We have found that the O2 sensors on bank 2 are stuck at 0.960-0.980 and are not responsive. We changed those sensors out and replaced all 6 spark plugs while we were in there, reset the system. Cleared the codes and 30-34 sec later while van was running the P0300 code came back and the same O2 sensors were stuck again same readings. Repeated the steps again and same thing happened 4 times at 30-34 sec after starting van. WE NEED SOME HELP!?!?

·
Registered
39 Posts
RE: 4.0 v6. I had to have dealer replace 2 fuel injectors. Maybe your problem. VW picked up 1/2 cost out of warranty but reported issue to service before warranty expired. Made them put on record..VW could not find it at first service check

1 - 2 of 2 Posts