VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this sunday i went to a drag racing show,and i got there with my brother,that has a honda civic vti.
i have my tyres worn,my shocks are gone,my exaust mani is cracked,and the exaust gasket it shoot.and the plug cables....bla bla bla

i made 16.65s,and he did also that...
is my car to slow!? it a KR with 50 mm intake mani,and a RAIMAIR filter.thx dudes
(i have a tape of it.i'm gonna make it digital and then post it)

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Little on the slow side. Probably needs some tuning. Mine goes 14.50.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah,but your's is a mk1(really lighter) and moded...mine is almost stock...and with all the problems i've said,and the ones i don't even know!
and what do you recomend for me to do!?

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: HidRo ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
keep tuning it... that's all I can say. try to figure out why it get horrible milage

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but you guys are the master on this kind of stuff!!how should i know about the milage!?
11l at 100km is bad!?really bad!?i'm gonna do cap/rotor/wires/plugs soon.will that help!?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
actually, it sounds like your milage isn't all that bad. It's not that great, but not that bad.

Yeah, all the basic tune up things should help.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well, before you do any tuning, you should take care of the standard problems you cited your car as having. Once the car is in good shape, then tune away bit by bit. Our MK2s are heavy, but a little tuning in numerous places can more than make up for your time on the quarter mile. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
just look into the basic stuff right now...plugs...wires...cap...rotor...injectors maybe...any unusual loss of power?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no,i think the car is in as good(more or less) shape as when i bought it.i don't have a mark to set up with,so i can tell if its good or not.

·
Registered
400 Posts
if it is a digifant car change the O2 sensor as a saftey when the o2 readings go bad the car runs fuel rich wich is standable at top end but kills low end tourqe and mid range performance also older digi cars seem to run rich regaurdless just that fine injection system try a spark amp MSD 6AL works wonders good luck

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onebadassgti:
if it is a digifant car change the O2 sensor as a saftey when the o2 readings go bad the car runs fuel rich wich is standable at top end but kills low end tourqe and mid range performance also older digi cars seem to run rich regaurdless just that fine injection system try a spark amp MSD 6AL works wonders good luck<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a KR... euro spec 16v. K-Basic fuel injection, no 02, no frequency valve.. notta. Same system as a 77 Rabbit.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yeah i didnt pay attention didnt see the 16v part lol my bad rock on old school dubbin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts