VW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peace to you all, and sorry for the lengthy topic ahead :D

First of all about the current setup:
I've '86 golf MKII, with 1.6l EZ (confirmed by measuring both bore and stroke :D) runs on 2E2 carb and 020/4T trans.

My constraints:
I'm bound to use the same block (due to some legal difculties in registering the car), but willing to change everything else that icludes but not limited to; pistons, crank, cylinder head, cam, intake, exhaust, trans, wiring loom (though I'll be building it from scratch)

My goals:
What I'm looking to achieve here is to increase engine displacement by using PB 1.8l pistons and crank, and converting the engine to MPI-EFI (already bought standalone ECU and O2 controller) and hopefully to full sequential at the end.

My findings so far:
- Cylinder head: 2.0l ADY cylinder head is a good candidate to bolt right on my block, and it already has manifold with injectors and throttle body, but don't how will the engine flow nad what is the compression ratios. (also I'm having problems sourcing the head alone without buying the whole engine :( )
- For crank trigger: Will be using "030 103 171 Q" or "036 105 189 C" (still don't the difference yet) press fit type wheels.
- For Cam signal: will be using hall signal from distributor with modified wheel (for full sequential)

What I'm trying to figure out:
- For MPI-EFI, does the current cylinder head or the ADY's (or other engines for that matter) is adequate for the new displacement, what compresion ratios we are looking at? if not, which cylinder head qualify for my block and equipped with MPI intake?
What injectors, injector rail, manifold, throttle body (will be using MAP so no need for the mass air-flow meter), idle control is needed? and from which engines codes?

I know that it will be a tough job to finish, and its a-lot easier to swap an engine, but as I said earlier I'm bound to use the 1.6l block I currently have, and I like a challenge after all :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mid engine PT Cruiser GT with massive water intercooled turbo. Tube subframes, adjustable coilovers front and rear, wide body, huge aerodynamics, and a bumper sticker that says "ask me about my grandkids." Left blinker always on mod. thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts