VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a tunning company offered to equip my golf IV with a 1.8L 225 hp engine. they say it is for an Audi TT.
anyone got an idea whether that is OK and it will suite my golf. or they are just after some money????

please if anyone experience of this stuff or know someone used this engine in a golf before. please i'll appreciate the help
thank you

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yes it will work and be really awesome. what company offerd this to you, i woudl really like to know!
please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is not a company, it is just a person in egypt that buy crashed cars from europe and slice them into pieces and get them here and sell every part in separate at really low prices. he told me about this 1.8T of the audi TT. and no this guy or generally in egypt they don't modify the golf to be quattrro as it requires to cut the car chassis as far as i know. so they don't go for it, it will be only forward drive car. but do you think that the engine will suite the golf and the weight destribution in the car and the car will preform good, or should i go for less power than the 225 hp. he told me there is of the 1.8T 225, 180 and 150. so, anyone with interest or experience just tell me which would be good, and what i need to change with the engine.

thank you for your interest

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well they are all the same engine. The diffrence between them all is just the software programing and the size of the turbo. I have the 1.8t in my GTI and love it. I got the APR chip so i'm pushing around 200hp and 245tq right now. My car is the one with the 150hp engine in it. If you get the 225hp i'm sure you can get a new chip for it to make it push out more power. The 225hp came with a bigger turbo then the other two. Here's some figure you could get. 257hp/264lb-ft 263hp/267lb-ft although since it's a transplant, it might have to be customed made but cost about the same
jon

[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
It would be a good deal. The only thing i would worry about is that the 225hp engine only came in the Quattro. Is it possible to make it just FWD?? If so i say go for it.
jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts