VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '95 Jetta GL (OBD I) it has about 120,000 miles and is due for lots of minor work such as timing belt and valve adjustments. It also has the typical high mileage blow by etc....... My question is regarding swapping out the stco 8V 2.0 for a 1.8T, i heard the engine mounts are there but I don't know if its an easy swap.I luckily work at a GM dealership and have access to the tools. If this swap is possible can I only use other mk3 engines or could I theoretically get the 225Hp TT engine or even the newer 180hp 1.8T. If nothing else links to some helpful websites would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
its not hard, all you need is an early model 1.8t with wiring harness and ecu.
2002 and up engines are hard to transplant because of the drive by wire CRAP! also upgrading the clutch is a must but you can use the 2.0 tranny.

·
Registered
48 Posts
By wireing harness you mean like from the ecu to like say other engine electronics and sensors right... i dont need to re-wire anything inside the car do i??? becuase that would be nice to not have to do...
Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
This link you posted.. it shows alot of A2's which i know are really popular to put 1.8t's into... but when it comes down to it itll all work right in a obdII jetta right???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts