VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin for some info on putting a 1.8t in a fox. the passat is mounted the same ways as the fox so i thnik it would be the easiest to put in. and second, could i use the fox tranny or would i be better off just changing front ends? any and all info appreciated.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i personally have never heard of anyone putting a 1.8t into a fox. i'll try to do some searching for ya, but i don't know what i will find. but all i can say is if you did put that in it would kick ass

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
What if you try putting a turbo on a 1.8 already in the fox instead of putting a newer 20v 1.8t in? I'm sure it will be MUCH easier, and alaso cheaper.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
You would deffinetly have to change trannies. I'm not sure if it will fet without some modifications but go for it. It would deffinetly be one hell of a sleeper. Pull up to a honda in that and laugh as all he sees is yuor tail lights.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I don't know how much work was involved but I have see n in the area I live in a 2.0 put in a fox.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1.8L 8v. thing is its mounted like its rear wheel drive, so i would need the passat or a4 motor. i read at adam's fox page that the block is essentially the same so it might bolt right in if lucky.

·
Registered
158 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
What if you try putting a turbo on a 1.8 already in the fox instead of putting a newer 20v 1.8t in? I'm sure it will be MUCH easier, and alaso cheaper.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and MUCH slower-

do the swap- do the swap- do the swap-

check out - 20VTURBO.COM

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe p:
1.8L 8v. thing is its mounted like its rear wheel drive, so i would need the passat or a4 motor. i read at adam's fox page that the block is essentially the same so it might bolt right in if lucky.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah they are longitudal. So i don't know how you would go about mounting a regular engine in ther. It would almost have to be the audi or passat. Wouldn't it be sweet to see a w8 in a fox

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i definitley wanna do it. now just finding the donor car and the price, so i know how long to save for. it prolly gonna be a while but ill get there eventually

1 - 12 of 12 Posts