VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving down the road last nite at 30mph when changing into third gear it just wouldn`t go in then tried first and wouldn`t go in.. When stopped i realised the gearstick was sitting further forward then usual in nutrual.. I tried putting it in second and that was ok then into fourth which was ok!! But they are the only two gears that work.. And as i said the gearsick is sitting all funny. Please can anyone tell me what is wrong with my pride and joy.
Thanx

·
Registered
777 Posts
wow that is a strange problem! i am a new dubber so i dont really know that much about fwd tranny's, i do know on rwd cars if you break a tranny mount you could get wierd results like that becouse the trans will sag in the front or back or even move side to side when you accelerate, very dodgy!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I have a VR6 and one time when I downshifted to 3rd with about 15k on my car I blew my tranny. Manufacturers defect. Try talking to the dealer. Do you still have a warranty?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah have got warranty but no one wants to touch it because they have problems getting the money out of thee warranty company.. Plus they don`t pay much as in the way of hourly labour! But a freinds dad who owns a garage said to bring it down and hell do it.. Reult

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted put my car in friday nite and got a call sat mid day and it`s fixed it was a loose cable!! He asked if i had been giving it some and being hard with the gearbox.. I just laughed payed the man and now back on the road.... Top man

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
good deal. I was going to say I had this same sort of problem after I installed my cold air intake. the one intake flexible tube was in the way of the shift linkage. So I could only use 1,3, and 5th gear...I zip tied the tube around another non-moving part, so it would be out of the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts