VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you mean like a 2.0t or just a 2.0 n/a. i know you will have clearence problems with that 5th valve.

·
Registered
526 Posts
2.0 20vt<<thats what i mean. someone told me it will all fit but some of the coolant passages need to be changed

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
awesome! sounds great! you should get lots of power and it should sound sweet! good luck

·
Registered
526 Posts
so how about this setup. sounds to me like it would be a great upgrade to the 1.8t stock motor. plus all the other fixins. what do you all think about this setup. reliability? power? moolah? anyone done it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
That isn't going to work without tons of modification to the head and block. You are also going to have to run a thicker head gasket and a ton of other stuff to make that sucker work. Why not just build up a regular 1.8T? You can get a ton of power out of one of those with the money you would spend mending a 2.0 aba to a 20v head.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yeah i kinda thought there woudl be alot of mods..im thinking get an aaui tt 1.8t motor and build that thing

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just do an aba bottom end with a 16v head. thats what i did.drops the compression down enough to put a t3/t4 on there no problem.

·
Registered
526 Posts
true but that doesnt yield what the 1.8t head does. its 20v to 16v. u do the math.i think the only way to get more is to bore it out.so thats what im gonna do

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't know the exact flow rates of each head, but 16v, 20v and crossflow 8v heads all put down good numbers.

A 1.8t swap is $$$. Swapping a 20v head onto anything else is still gonna be $$$. Take it slow and do it right the first time. That's why my blue 4dr doesn't have the g60 or nitrous installed yet.

That, and I'm poor with no roommate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts