VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Audi make an 1.8t that i could easily drop into my mk2 jetta? i would rather do that then take to trouble to rebuild and put a turbo on my 8v.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
yea audi made a 1.8t but if i'm not mistaken it was longitudal. which would make it a pain. just use a vw 1.8t. it'd be alot easier. Either way it's gonna be expensive.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which conversion would be either the most cost effective or easiest... i would like to get a few more ponnies out of my 8v, as of right now it has a K&N drop in and i will be doing an exhaust, idealy i would like to do the vr6 swap but i don't have enough money.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
If you meen out of any conversion a 16v would most likly be the cheapest and easiest. But it won't give you the power of a vr6 without being worked. If you wanna do a vr swap then just save your money. Instead of putting money into a 8v that you don't really want. You'll be alot more happy with it if you save for a while. and if you do it yourself it won't cost too much. Let us know what you decide

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i think that i might just play with my 8v because i hope to get a newer VeeDub before i get out of highschool

and by the way, she just hit 100k, it almost brougt a tear to my eye then i realized it wasn's rice so it will last alot longer

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fat Man Scoop329:

and by the way, she just hit 100k, it almost brougt a tear to my eye then i realized it wasn's rice so it will last alot longer
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahahhahaha
pretty good. i'm working with my 8vaswell. hopfully carbs next year. We'll see.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Audi does have the 1.8t and yes it is longit. for the price of swaping a AEB (audi 1.8t) into your car, you could build a badass turbo'd 8v

1 - 7 of 7 Posts