VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf recently purchased a 2002 jetta gls 2.0. We have had nothing but problems. The CEL has came on three times and the we brought it back to dealer each time for them to fix. This last time they swore it was all set and in 2 days it came back on. While she was driving the door ajar light, CEl , battery light and EPC light came on. The car would start right away. When it finally started the CEL was still on. So I brought it I work and scanned the car. It has 11 codes. The codes are 16486, 16497, 16525, 16645, 16648, 16651, 16654, 17525, 17833, 17843, 17880. If anyone has any ideas why all these codes came on please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
I'd be straight back to the dealer demanding more information and asking why these codes appeared after the fact

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Sounds like you may have a wiring problem, oxygen sensor circuit, MAF, Etc.
Do a physical inspection of the wiring. Start at the o2 sensor, one possible cause may be that some one used cheap o2 sensors and use but connectors or the wire burnt through on the exhaust. Check everywhere and check your states lemon laws if nothing is obvious.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
dealer! go back right away. if it keeps happening, return the car if you can. you dont want a lemon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts