VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Jetta 2.5
Wife's VW started acting up. Riding rough, no par, missing, timing. Now at the dealer with code P0121.
The service rep said its "Low Input Angular Sensor" that is bad. Is this sensor located inside the throttle body or is it a separate stand alone sensor?
Racing against time...trying to DIY and save money, which might be too late at this time anyway. If the sensor is part of the throttle body, I could just replace that.
Any thoughts?
Thx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P0121 = change the throttle body. EPC light with rough riding engine could have other culprits but the most common problem would be the Throttle Body. The VW dealer said its very common problem, they might have a recall or updated part coming out soon.
My wife took the car to the dealer. They quoted me $1300 to fix the problem but the part was in backorder with no ETA. Called around part stores and no one had it. After some research online, I paid $200 to the dealer to take the car back and $245 VW Genuine Throttle body on Amazon + $26 for the gasket. Replaced myself about 2hrs (I'm slow and methodical). EPC light is gone and engine runs fine. Goodluck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts