VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i wouldnt touch anything like this!!!! unless you just want to throw some money around and take a huge chance

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
it's $15 for a 20 cent resitor that will make your car run horrible anywhere but wide open throttle. Don't bother.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Q. Will my car accelerate faster with this device?

A. Yes! This is the whole point! It has been dyno proven that this device can add up to 20 HP to your vehicle!

Any Dyno graphs to prove this claim? If so send them to me.

Q. Do I need any special skills or tools?

A. No special skills are required. All you need is a small piece of electrical tape and your self.

If someone says, all you need is an idiot and some duck tape, you might as well run. Not that dub owners are idiots, nor is duck tape bad (for dubs it is a good thing!) MacGyver was good with duck tape.

As Aaron said, you get a .20 resister. See that little metal like thing sticking out. That's what you'll get. Jam it into the plug and tape it down so it doesn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i saw this before and i knew it had to be bs!

to get real horsepower gains you gotta get a chip. don't trust this ebay crap.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
somone is always trying to sell stuff like that on ebay. Don't trust it. If it sounds too good to be true then on ebay it usually is.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Haha...my friend just bought one off e-bay today. Ill tell you how it goes.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Basically, this is a resistor that will change the voltage that your throttle body position sensor will see. Since the resistor is present, the throttle body will sense a lower voltage which corresponds to a less open position (i believe). This means that the car will open the throttle body wider. However, this only works for a while. Soon, the different voltage range on the TPS will be learned by your engine's computer, and it will act as if the resistor was never used. You might see gains with this mod but, it will only be for a short while. A chip which changes, timing, fuel distribution, cuts/raises the rev limiter, changes top speed, etc is a much better investment. While a chip is much more expensive, it gives proven gains, and you won't have to reset your computer every week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine bought one for his saturn and it was the biggest turd ever.....terrible off the line....only good from around 5000rpm to redline, by the time you get up to speed, my grannies old ass could beat ya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts