VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a mk4 jetta. I would like to buy new wheels for it, even though the original stock wheels are spotless. I need recommendations for new rims that aren't crazy in price. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my tires specifically say r 15 on them, so I'm pretty sure that means I need 15" wheels. Personally, I would go larger but I don't think I can...

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Get bigger tires when you get bigger wheels. 15" are lame on MK4s. Look at craigslist or vwvortex wheel classified for some decent 17s or 18s. You'll need 5x100 with ~30-38 offset. If you plan on lowering the car then get 30-35 offset wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that helps a lot. My tires are pretty new, so for now I guess I'll put my money into coilovers and whatever else I need, then I'll get new tires and wheels when the time comes. You said to go 17" or 18"... do you recommend one over the other?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,447 Posts
17's usually ride better than 18's. just more of a chunky tire compared to 18's. not by much though.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
i personally think 18s look better. but 17s will be a slightly less harsh ride. Theyre also easier to fit when you lower you car, as in you have to lower it more with 17s to tuck. 18s would be easier to fit if you arent going crazy low.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't plan on taking it too low, I mainly want to kill my wheel gap and then I'll see if I want to take it any lower. For now, I'll just do that, then when I get my new wheels, I'll probably want it lower. (Aka slight camber.)

·
Registered
322 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts