VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyone's opinion of the mk2 16valve motors? Performance is what I am going for and I hope to do some future mods but I have to decide between an 8v or a 16v.
I Aprreciate any help or advice.

·
Registered
526 Posts
if want a high revving quick car get an 8v with a close ratio tranny and every mod possible. if you want a quick car in the top end go 2.0 16v bottom end with 1.8 16v head and alot of mods. and if you want to go turbo go 2.0 16v head with 2.0 aba bottom end.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vlksgnspeed:
if want a high revving quick car get an 8v with a close ratio tranny and every mod possible. if you want a quick car in the top end go 2.0 16v bottom end with 1.8 16v head and alot of mods. and if you want to go turbo go 2.0 16v head with 2.0 aba bottom end.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said. But i personally like the 8v. It takes a little more to go fast but it's worht it when you get some power out of it. I'll run with all the 16v's in my area.

·
Registered
526 Posts
i run with 2.0 8v easily with only a chip in my digi 8v and in 4th gear up a hill!!!and they have alot done to there car. i personally love my 8v. it will rev high real quick. and if you want a kickass engine. get a 2.0 bottom end with an eiptunign big valve head. cant get any better than that. youll be looking at 150 easy from a digi!! thats actually amazing

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
aight, i got the 8v and its nice. i personally think it pulls better then my friends 2002 Audi A4 1.8t quattro. but thats just me. anyways, i like mine, havnt driven a 16v yet, but there is more power availible to start out with in teh 16v. but i like what vlksgnspeed said!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts