VW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with my daughters 17 Jetta SEL that the fuse for the interior lights keeps blowing. Have changed the fuse multiple times. Taken it to the dealer twice first they charged me to change the fuse and did not do the requested diagnostics. The next time blamed the tech for not resetting the system when changing the fuse and sent me on my way. think they just did not want to get caught up in NY's lemon law. The fuse used to last a few days to a few months, but now it is immediate. Have talked to the selling dealer and indicated it could take days to diagnose. Does anyone have any thoughts or know how to find out what is on the interior light circuit as VW does not publish that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After additional research and testing found that this issue also includes the exterior lights as well. So certainly a safety issue. Will try to change as many bulbs as possible and see if disconnecting the battery might reset the system. As the dealer could not properly diagnose the problem and other dealers did not want to diagnose electrical issues don't see any reason to keep the car or consider a replacement VW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After additional research and testing found that this issue also includes the exterior lights as well. So certainly a safety issue. Will try to change as many bulbs as possible and see if disconnecting the battery might reset the system. As the dealer could not properly diagnose the problem and other dealers did not want to diagnose electrical issues don't see any reason to keep the car or consider a replacement VW.
sounds like someone has been working on the car and damaged a wire or lite switch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts