VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at 17" RS4 replica wheels. I have seen pictures of GTIs with 18" authentic RS4 wheels and they look so sweet. I was wondering if you guys (and girls) thought that 17s would be too small? Or how they would look on my car? Thanks.
this one shows what I have on my car now, and the 18" rs4s

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a picture of the 17" replicas I am looking at. I want to keep the OEM look, plus I LOVE those wheels. drooooool.

Do replicas look exactly like the real things? or do they usually look like a cheap copy? I asked the parts dude at my vw dealership how much the real ones (17") go for. $450...a piece.

[ November 21, 2002: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the same wheels in the spring. I would like to see the 17's too on a car before i buy them. They look so nice!!! If i can't find them for a good price, i'll be looking for some TT wheels then.
jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
who's makin the replicas, and whats the price?

·
Registered
9 Posts
yup, those would be the hella smoked tailights. looks nice, wanted to see what they looked like on black, now that i have, i may have to pick me up some of those.

·
Registered
112 Posts
how much for each 18" rs4 replica and oem?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know that the real 17" OEM rs4 wheels are $450/each. I asked the guy at my VW dealership about 18s, and he said they didn't have them in the computer. but here is a picture for you jweltydotcom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Holy Jesus I like the look of that (I have a 2002 Jetta GLI) but then I remembered I'm Canadian...and those rims works out to almost $700 Cdn each!!!!!

I'm starting to save now....so maybe in 2004!

Anyone got pics of some GTi/Jettas with TT rims on?

Sidenotes:
jweltydotcom: just went to your site....very nice, added it to my favourites.
Silver GTI: Can I get the name of the company that makes the replicas?

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by belVR6:
Anyone got pics of some GTi/Jettas with TT rims on?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, both of the cars at the very top do have TT rims on them. They are off of the Audi TT ALMS edition car. Granted, they are the same style as RS4 rims, the TT and GTI/Jetta's share bolt patterns, so it makes it pretty simple. But those are the only TT rims I've ever seen on a GTI/Jetta.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you get some of the replica rs4 wheels, do some research first. I found out that there is a certain manufacturer that the wheels SUCK. I did a search through yahoo, and found out some very unhappy shitty wheel owners. I will look around again, and post what company not to go with.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts