VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
That would be amazing, so much work would have had to be put in that, but can you imagine how fast it would be modded, or even stock. Crazy stuff...I'll search tonight

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well i know a guy posted on here that he put a mazda rotory engine into a bug. i'm sure you could do that to a 1.8t. I think the only issue you might have is it being water cooled and not air.
jon

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
...I think the only issue you might have is it being water cooled and not air.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did those guys do it that put the rear mounted VR6T? at waterfest?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well was it a bug with the Rear Mounted VR? i wasn't there so i don't know. Also i thought on some of those rear mounted engine swaps, they still have the radiator up front with the piping going to the back. I could be totally wrong with this.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
How did those guys do it that put the rear mounted VR6T? at waterfest?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Momentum Tuning, the company putting on the GTG in CT next month, has a rear mounted 1.8T in a MK2 GTI. You could ask them about it, here's a link: 1.8T RWD MK2

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Like i posted earlier, from this picture, it seems that they do mount the intercooler/radiator up front and run it to the back.

jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts