VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting in a new stereo system in my 79 beetle and was wondering if I should include anything. What would be the best stuff to get? size, company, and number of speakers?

THOSE OF YOU WITH OLDER BEETLES WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE?

I don't really know what I will be happy with and if I see what you guys have or you guys point me in the right direction then I could go with what sounds best.
post pictures and info!
thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
as far as car audio, all i use is kicker if i can, ya its kinda expensive but its one of the best company's that buils speaker's, amp's and sub's, i have a set of kicker comp vr subs in my saturn and abuse the hell out of them and they still work like there new, and the midrage and 6x9 speakers are really clear in sound, and on the old website for kicker hooked up, there were probably 10-15 guys with older vw beetl's like yours that have kicker equipment in there cars, hope this helps ya out a bit

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am going to be putting in a new stereo system in my 79 beetle and was wondering if I should include anything. What would be the best stuff to get? size, company, and number of speakers?

THOSE OF YOU WITH OLDER BEETLES WHAT DO YOU GUYS HAVE?

I don't really know what I will be happy with and if I see what you guys have or you guys point me in the right direction then I could go with what sounds best.
post pictures and info!
thanks
Everyone has their preference especially when it comes to music. I would suggest you visit your local car audio store and listen to a variety of different set-ups. One other thing to consider, especially with an older VW, (I have a 66 and have had many others in the past) is sound deadening material, like dynamat. It will greatly improve the sound in the car while keeping road noise out. I'm sure the stereo shop can give you info on sound deadening material and they will likely have pics of different cars that they have done too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts