VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I purchased a 1982 VW Rabbit 1.3l Diesel, the head gasket blew not long after purchasing it and I am not in the position in life to have a project car right now. I was wondering what the community thinks would be a fair price for the car.

Some facts I believe would be important to note about the vehicle.

1. I took out the radiator (I still have it)
2. The interior is good, some small cracks in the dash but fair overall for the age of the vehicle.
3. It has a great clutch and transmission
4. It has a 20 gallon tank
5. Not the original paint job
6. no damage to the body

Thank you guys so much, I am in an interesting point in my life now a days and any help would be much appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a 1982 VW Rabbit 1.3l Diesel, the head gasket blew not long after purchasing it and I am not in the position in life to have a project car right now. I was wondering what the community thinks would be a fair price for the car.

Some facts I believe would be important to note about the vehicle.

1. I took out the radiator (I still have it)
2. The interior is good, some small cracks in the dash but fair overall for the age of the vehicle.
3. It has a great clutch and transmission
4. It has a 20 gallon tank
5. Not the original paint job
6. no damage to the body

Thank you guys so much, I am in an interesting point in my life now a days and any help would be much appreciated thank you.
I would suggest getting an estimate for repairing the head gasket then do a search for a similar vehicle like yours but in running condition and get an idea what others are asking or go to Hagerty.com and get a valuation. Take that price and deduct the repair cost on yours, that should give you an asking price for your Rabbit. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts