VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought this 1984 GTI and I'm still finding things out. It runs great but it keeps over heating and I have to stop before I damage the engine The former owner did not repair the fan sensor but wired a switch instead which he put on the dash board near the haszard lights. so I can turn the fan on and off manually. The oil is clean and the anti-freeze is good What should I be looking for and what parts should I replace.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 86 Cabriolet is doing the same. I have replaced the thermostat, and the fan sensor and it is still the same. I have no heat inside yet all hoses top and bottom are warm. Next thing is to get my rad recored.

I hope someone with knowledge of this problem will help us out

G

·
0 Posts
do you hear the relay click at about 2/3 of max temp? if so the problem is after the relay if not it's before. Check the tempswitch on the side of the rad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just bought this 1984 GTI and I'm still finding things out. It runs great but it keeps over heating and I have to stop before I damage the engine The former owner did not repair the fan sensor but wired a switch instead which he put on the dash board near the haszard lights. so I can turn the fan on and off manually. The oil is clean and the anti-freeze is good What should I be looking for and what parts should I replace.

thank you in advance
VWParts4Cheap.com
is the best site to find original parts the pricing is awesome too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts