VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1994 golf a while back and I was doing some research on it when I found this site. I was wondering... Does anyone have a problem with the oil pressure light coming on at 2000 rpm when the engine gets hot? It goes out after 2000 and if it goes below it comes on again until you hit 2000! And the little metal fuse on the firewall cooks every once in a while and the car wont start until its changed. What is that for?
And lastly, for the people who posted earlier about 1994 vw golf odometers resetting after 300,000 kms, mine DID reset at 300,000 and it now reads 13,245... otherwise the car is great. Lots of power for a diesel and doesnt burn oil. THX

·
Registered
29 Posts
my 91 jetta did the same thing with the oil light. i replaced the oil pump and that worked for a little bit then i started again i was then told it was the sensor. i didn't replace that. it might be different with your car.

justin

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was using 10W30 Oil and could drive on interstate, but when I got off and drove at regular speeds, the oil pressure light would come on. I use 20W50 oil now and never have a problem with the oil light coming on.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I had that same problem, replaced the 2 sensors and it went away. That was until about a week later when it spun a bearing. Try the sensors, then the pump and don't ignore the light! Ja

1 - 4 of 4 Posts