VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My g/f just bought a 96 Golf GTI with 22,000 miles on it. Wondering if any vets can gimme a heads-up on any known problems and maybe some good aftermarket parts sources, although we don't plan on doing anything too too major, as it isn't my car. I can only sucker her into doing so much
. Thanx in advance for any help....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
sounds like u found a nice one with that low of miles. is it a 4cyl gti or a vr6? some starters would be an intake or exhaust system for a some extra power. On the forum's home page, in the upper left area of the page there is a scroll down menu "Tuning & Parts" theres a good amount of links for different parts and accessories. on my jetta i have a Neuspeed cat-back exhaust system, an ABD big bore air intake. theres also different suspension setups, computer chips, and aftermarket body styling for the gti's. hope this gives u a little help to start out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a 4 cyl., nice little car, candy white. I'll try to get some pics up after i detail it. The first mod's gonna be the system, then we're looking for LED turn signal mirrors, anyone got a good source? There's only one kind on ebay, and they're blue, i need amber so she doesn't get pulled over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts