VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car in 2005 w 53k miles on it - the car is perfect and has always been - in all my years of ownership only one flat tire, one oil leak and one replaced starter - I had some ignition troubles which I thought would be the end of the car - but we put push to start in it - and I've been riding for a year and a half - right after the new year my car sprung a sudden leak - what I thought I had figured out had me on side of the road with a done engine - I'm really depressed about it - this is my dream car - 50/50 advice - some say sell it for parts/scrap it - others say get a rebuilt engine if I have faith in the car - I don't want another car! - money isn't the issue because I am willing to pay for a rebuilt engine - however everyone I've spoken to isn't enthusiastic - I've given myself a deadline - if I can't find an engine by mid Feb then I'll scrap - and trust I've found engines galore - but no one has faith is willing to help me with the switch - plenty of people loved the car while they were in it driving - but now asking for the help everyone runs scared and says scrap it - I think either way I'm going to spend some money - what do you suggest?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
If its worth it to you, get a new engine. Ive rebuilt my car from 3 accidents (Not my fault on all) and still cruising around in it. I love my car, i dont want to scrap it. The engine swap is easy, ive taken an engine out in an hour.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sprung a sudden leak of what?? Just cause you have a leak of something, doesn't mean you're headed to the junkyard. All leaks are fixable. So give us some more info here and maybe we can help you get back on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts