VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if any of you experience this same problem. I replaced my battery (for some reason, it just died). But after I replaced my battery and started the car, the idling was totally off...it sounded sick. I had it towed to dealer and the dealer said the "throttle bodies" were set wrong. I told them I had just replaced the battery. They said that should have caused the problem, unless there was some sort of electrical spike...that I should be able to replace the battery without any problems. They plugged the car into there computer, reset the throttle bodies, and charged me $80 for the 10 minute work.

When the car was running again and the battery was charged, I decided I am going to buy a better battery and the replace the original one. I replaced the battery and guess what??? Same thing happened. Dealer keeps telling me that replacing the battery shouldn't cause any problems.

I'd hate to think that I can't even change my own battery.

Anyone else experience this and can shed some light???

·
Registered
423 Posts
Haven't had the same experience, But on some Fords I have replaced the battery and it runs just like your explaining. I learned quick that the computer has to relearn how to make the engine run right, Idle right etc. After a few drive cycles(Cold engine to operating temp), the car should be alright.

Good luck,
Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts