VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a massive vibration off the shift knob lever while in 1st gear? This is driving me crazy.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Give it more gas! Practice tapping on the gas right before you let go of the clutch. I am assuming your car is a 5 speed. Tap it to about 1200 rpm max or else you'll be riding your clutch which is no good.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
is that the vibration your talking about. like almoast like the cars going to stal? if so, do what he says, but if not i have no clue what the problem may be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wobbling takes place when I pull off the gas and coast while in 1st, not while gassing it. It doesn't happen all the time, which is leading me to believe there may be some adjustment that needs to be made.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
hmm im not sure then man, u should maybe get it checked. by your local dub dealer. expecially if your still under warantee. most of the time they dont drive it alot and wont find your problem so take them for a ride if you need to.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sounds like it could be a loose motor mount. I had some problems with my idle regulator, and it was causing a kickback whenever I would let off the gas, but it was only a one time jerk, and they fixed it right up at the dealer, some wire was loose...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts