VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will any of the 2.0 blocks work with 8v GTI head and tranny and if so which one would be the best and which car should I get it from. The main reason I ask is Im trying to get a little more torque with out spending a lot of money.Will this give me any more torque or would i be wasting my time. Thanks

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
If that's the route your looking to go, then a ABA block will suit your needs, might I suggest a big valve 1.8 head as well. I would contact a local foriegn salvage yard, or look in the classified sections of the more well known vw forums, such as this. The exhaust will line up differently, so you'll need a new exhaust mani/downpipe combo. Maybe alternator, power steering pump, and some other small stuff. I think theres a write up on tttuning.com to get you started. As far as engine work goes this is supposed to be one of the easiest things to do. No need to change any wiring, fuel injection, etc. You need to either use an Audi 3A distributor or use the 1.8L distributor and buy the block off plate from Techtonics. Actually thinking about it The exhaust manifold and downpipe from your MKII will fit fine, you can use all the A2 accessories (they all bolt to the block) or you can use the MK3 accessories. Here is that info from TT that I mentioned before:

Link

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
If that's the route your looking to go, then a ABA block will suit your needs, might I suggest a big valve 1.8 head as well. I would contact a local foriegn salvage yard, or look in the classified sections of the more well known vw forums, such as this. The exhaust will line up differently, so you'll need a new exhaust mani/downpipe combo. Maybe alternator, power steering pump, and some other small stuff. I think theres a write up on tttuning.com to get you started. As far as engine work goes this is supposed to be one of the easiest things to do. No need to change any wiring, fuel injection, etc. You need to either use an Audi 3A distributor or use the 1.8L distributor and buy the block off plate from Techtonics. Actually thinking about it The exhaust manifold and downpipe from your MKII will fit fine, you can use all the A2 accessories (they all bolt to the block) or you can use the MK3 accessories. Here is that info from TT that I mentioned before:

Link
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'93-'95 Golf or Jetta are the best cars to source the engine from as they had forged cranks and piston oil squirters while the later cars didn't.

Go look at the TT writeup. You'll want the TT adaptor ring and gear for the 1.8 distributor and the breather block off plate.

Your exhaust manifold and downpipe WONT work, they'll hit the floor. You'll need the parts from the MK3.

Use your accessories.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i got my hole complete 2.0 for 400 so there really cheep
and you could make half the money back selling the everything ells

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vlksgnspeed:
a single dp will not fit but the dual dp and mani does fit fine<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His car should have a single downpipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts