VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my biggest worries are doin engine modifications for my 2.0 jetta, then down the line experiencing problems, however are there any side effects to replacing my cam, and adding an ecu chip for 2.0?, not lookin to race, just a lil extra kick

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Gas mileage will go down. thats the only real issue. It will eventually wear seals and stuff down faster because of the higher output, but it might be liek 10-20K off the end. so 120K miles untill the seals burn rather than 140K? I dunno but that would be a hypothetical.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also, will the performance cam give me more range of rpm's, w/ the 2.0 your goin 80mph, and your tach's reading almost 4,000rpm,

i used to rock an audi 90cs v6 174, and i would do 80mp at 3,000rpm

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
What other mods do you have? There are generally some people do before they get into those mods you listed, especially cam.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i odnt have engine modifications, i focused more on styling, catback exhaust/ p. flow intake, is the only engine mods i made, what ya have in mind?

check out my car and desriptions here:

check out my car here

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BRETT!?!--- you have any more suggestions about adding the cam, chip, you mentioned some initial mods to be done first, any ideas?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a neuspeed 256 cam felt a little more power but not much. The larger 268 and 270 cams are better for higher rpm use and power.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oettinger kit is hott, my girlfriend lives in brooklyn, that wouldnt go over well on the belt parkway, lol, nice

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
im thinkin about all this stuff too. yeah 2 leters! i think ill get like unorthodox pullys. cat cam and a autotech q chip. what do you guys think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts