VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 jetta 2.0 and i was wondering if you guys know if its a easy swap,and how hard is it to find the motor/ecu/trans
thank you

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
how much hp are u looking to get out of your car. 2.0's are only capable of somewhere around 200 hp. any higher than that you are looking at a lot of money and you might be better off going with the 1.8t swap.

·
Registered
175 Posts
must go with engine swap/ 2.0 cost way too much to just get 200hp out of it and most of the time it is flywheel hp. here is a complete swap except for mountsengine swap they have a 1.8t and a 2.0t that mount up to the 2.0 tranny!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally am considering the Neuspeed supercharger kit for my 2.0. go toNeuspeed 2.0 Supercharger to read all about it. It runs around 3 grand, but is a lot cheaper than and engine swap, and a lot easier to do. Actually, from what I have learned in my research about them, is that they are VERY easy to put in. It's about a 5 hour Job, not counting the days you have to wait to send in your ECU to get the Neuspeed P-Chip soldered in. They send you a pre-paid Next day service box to ship the ECU to them and everything. It is supposed to almost double your horsepower, most people reporting around 205-210 horsepower after installation. Not bad for 3K, and 5 hours of work. I think you have to run premium fuel after the installation though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts