VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 2.0 jetta GL. Im thinking of puttin on a supercharger or a turbo kit. I have only found superchargers for this engine. Has anyone found a turbo?? Or has anyone done either?

·
Registered
175 Posts
here is a turbo kit that gets alot of attention for 2.0 owners. ATP Turbos
good luck in making a choice, its a tuff one!

·
Registered
380 Posts
i see it this way. If your car is a daily driver and u will continue driving it on the same basis get the supercharger, Neuspeed or VF will both give a nice responsive product. If you are looking for the most HP get the Turbocharger, your engines life will be shortened though since there will be more boost. I have a 2.0 also and i decided on getting the supercharger since i drive the car everyday. Too bad i will be trading it in for a 1.8t soon

Emir

neuspeed supercharger :
http://neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=46|J4&type=11&ltype=ns_euro&p_id=619

vortec supercharger:
http://www.vf-engineering.com/vw_mk4gti.htm

hope this helps.

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: RoLLinVDub ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
emir are you really gonna trade yours in?? i know its for the best but i dont want ya to. we wont have that 2.0 aliance anymore
haha

·
Registered
380 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
emir are you really gonna trade yours in?? i know its for the best but i dont want ya to. we wont have that 2.0 aliance anymore
haha
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol rich, i know it sux but there is alot of bad stuff on the car. I know some of it is my fault too and the way i drove but not all of it. Some parts are just bad material on the golfs but you shouldnt worry since urs is a gti even though its a 2.0. Ya Id love to keep it but i just think that the 1.8t is a better engine to go with. And this time I would be able to afford the payments not like when i bought this one 2 years ago. Im just gonna be slower on the modding but if i get a silver color i would be able to transfer all the stuff without much money being spent and have it look the same. It would be funny when some1 i know that smoked me before tries to do it again and they loose lol. But ya I hope i pick the right one this time.

Emir

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What drand supercharger do you have??? How is the new speed and hp??? Compare it to anything?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoLLinVDub:
if i get a silver color i would be able to transfer all the stuff without much money being spent and have it look the same
Emir
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ud probably need a respray

·
Registered
380 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
ud probably need a respray<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

why? i just got the stuff on the car a few months ago its fresh paint. Does it still need a repaint?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts