VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone explain to a new starter to the world of water cooled VW's what is the difference between a 2.0L 93 Vento and the GTi version of the same engine?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
engine wise, there is no difference. exterior and interior there is. like the tail lights on a gti are smoked and unless you have a k2 or gt jetta, they arent. as for interior. they have dif. gauges and dif. seats unless like i said you have a gt or k2 edition. im sure there are other thinks. like shift knobs and stereo and stuff but thats all i can think of right now.
rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich,

So what you're saying is that the 1993 2.0 Vento(Jetta)GL has the same power output as the GTi of the same year at least as far as the gearbox? My Vento has the Auto-box whereas most GTi's in the UK have manual transmissions.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
another difference im pretty sure of is that the 8v gti/jetta gt's have rear disc brakes and the golf/jetta gl's have drum rear brakes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
im pretty sure the gti has a closer ratio gear box. i think it has to do with the car type. a sedan is going to be more family oriented whereas the hatchback 2 door is gonna be the racy like car and the performance difference shoudl show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts