VW Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
fan control module

Is the fan control module suppose to have 1 or 2 fuses in it? when i got the car there was only 1 in it on the left hand side but i went to put the second one in and it seems like there are no metal tabs to hold it in place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just one, and theres a metal strip fuse. But only one fuse slot is used.
thanks....makes me wonder how long the fuse was blown for and why it wasnt replaced and if the fans even work at all....ive never heard them turn on allthough its been 30-40 degrees around my area but i still figured they would kick on. it there anyway to test if the module is working besides letting the car run at idle for an extended period of time

·
Registered
115 Posts
any ideas as to why the security light doesn't blink by the door lock or the locks dont work when i turn the key? I have checked all fuses i could find and none are blown under the dash. im assuming it has the security feature due the the red indicator light next to the drivers door lock. however i do not have a power door lock button

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
You should check if your getting electricity to the door lock pump in the trunk, the light on the door is just a light. Your alarm module could be messing with your doors as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You should check if your getting electricity to the door lock pump in the trunk, the light on the door is just a light. Your alarm module could be messing with your doors as well.
where is the alarm controle module located?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Behind your headlight switch on the left of the steering wheel, theres a silver box and a black box. Black is alarm and silver is cruise control.

·
Registered
115 Posts
well after alot of reading about the security system i have decided to bach the idea of fixing it due to all the problems of car not starting and what not. however i do have anoth question about a sensor location....where and what is the engine rpm sensor g28...it came up as no signal intermittent but i have no idea where it is so that i can replace it....is this the same as the crank sensor? if so the crank sensor was replaced last year and the car does still run. also the came sensor came up as not a plausible signal intermittent in the codes as well could this trip the engine rpm sensor code? i have another distributor to swap out for the cam position sensor.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
got to say this helped a lot lol. I swapped out the wrong sensor because another forum ( not going to mention ) hada similar diagram . And it place the ECT in place of the AC switch. I went to the parts store this morning and bought the other one . The car is now holding and no longer stumbling when too hot or too cold .
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats wierd, Im looking at this diagram and my 2.0 has extra plug at the throttle body and theres like an hose coming from the manifold in the rear the hose goes from there to the front but theres nothing connected to the front hose

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's been over a year since I had to work on one of these, but from what I remember if the timing belt is installed one or two teeth off, it will toss a code because the distributor is locked in position and cannot be moved to adjust or set timing. Could be wrong, memory and no manual to reference makes being wrong a good posibility.

Ainokea

·
Registered
3 Posts
motor mounts

i have had differing information on the motor mounts for a 1996 jetta with the 2.0. have been told there are 3 and 4 motor mounts... which is it? and where are they located?? any help is greatly appreciated. this is my first major automotive undertaking with all the stuff i have to fix/replace on this car

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
i have had differing information on the motor mounts for a 1996 jetta with the 2.0. have been told there are 3 and 4 motor mounts... which is it? and where are they located?? any help is greatly appreciated. this is my first major automotive undertaking with all the stuff i have to fix/replace on this car
PM'd you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Excellent! Thank you! Questions, does the MKIII have a crank sensor? What sensors are around the bottom of the engine around the crank pulley area? I ask because mine got wet there and cut off.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts