VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iwas reading up on some mkII swaps on pvw's site and there was acouple of mentions about a vr6 2.8 highline and how it come with 185bhp vs. the 2.8 vr reg @172. they went on to list that the 2.9 comes with 190bhp. whats the deal with the highline motor. i kow pvw is based on uk products. could i get one over here? notice a couple of low et on the 1/4 like low 10's & two or three high nines. does it sound like a reasonable investment? or stick to what i know good ole 2.8?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
My guess would be; have fun finding one and getting it over here. For the price, id just mod the N/A 2.8. If you want a 2.9 get a roddo engine and swap it, or get a stroker kit from EIP

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why a corrado motor? what about a vr out of a jetta or passat? would a stroker kit fit it to a 2.9 or 3.0? and how caN i get more info about the stroker kits pros cons and the price?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
EIP Tuning
For some reason I thought there was a 2.9l vr6 that was put in the rado. I think I just confused myself from an eariler debate on here... In that case, any vr6 will work, some easier then others, sorry for the confusion

1 - 4 of 4 Posts