VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's the first mod. I got a Freedom Design CAI.

The second mod i got was an APR ECU. I got the stock program and the 1.0 bar program. I have to say that the 1.0 bar is a world of a diffrence. I didn't get to test it out till my ride home. Once i adjusted the DV to handle the boost, it was pulling hard through the first three gears (after third gear, i had to slow down so i didn't get a ticket.) I can't belive how much quicker i get up to 40 in first and 60 in second. I do have one complaint though, If you have read some of my previous post about how after i put on a Split Second BCS, i encountered some problems (tach doesn't work, oil light blinks, ect.) nothing got fixed. Long story short for those who don't know, after i had the problem looked at by my VW tech, he told me my ECU was fried. Well the new ECU didn't change any of the problems. I told them from the beginning where the problem was, loose wires under the dash. So i'm going to see if my tech will check the wires where i'm 99.9% sure where the problem lays.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
awesome intake, i was lookin at one for my self. looks great too. sorry to hear about the ecu though.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well for those that care, i got that bug out of my VW finally!!!
After getting real frustrated with it, and after i was told that it was my ECU that was fried and having to by a new one. i decieded to look under the dash again to see if i can fix it myself for once and for all. After looking under there earlier this week, i noticed VW loves using diffrent types of plugs that connect the wires. After looking at this, i was praying that that's what came undone and all i had to do was plug it back in somehow without ripping my dash out. I opend up my hood and took the plastice cover off that covers the ecu and wiper motors. I figure i look at where the wires are coming out on the drivers side (there's a black box with a rubber cover where the wires come out). i had to do a little surgery to open the opening up so i could get a good look down in there. Well luck would have it. there was a plug near the enterance. I looked at it real hard and noticed that it WAS UNDONE!!!! I shoved my fingers in there and after 5 min. of feeling around, i got the plug back in. Then i said a quick litter pray before i started my car. As soon as i started it, tach was working, asr light was off, and that DAMN OIL LIGHT wasn't blinking. I can't belive it took me a whole 30 min to fix it, but when i bring it to VW, they have to spend hours looking at it and say either i fried my ECU or a wire is shorted. I would think they would know better to think it was a plug undone after i told them what happened.

jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
wow all that trouble and just a plug and 30 min. glad you fixed it and atleast ya got a new chip!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and now i just have a BCS sitting around.
I'm going to try E-bay or Vortex to sell it. Seems like on Vortex they don't go that quick. Any thoughts anyone??
jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts