VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today while driving down the interstate, i decided to see how fast i could get the ole 2-Point up to. much to my suprise, i got it up to 120 MPH before i had to shut her down for upcoming traffic. sure it took a little while to build up some steam, but i was impressed with the ole girl nonetheless. just thought i'd share...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
awww how cute

i wonder how long they could go before giving up.

·
Registered
736 Posts
ive had my 2.0 to 130mph on I95.....and with my Zex system i can out run alot of cars in a 1/4 run
.....YAY 2.0

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well, I haven't hit 120 in my 1.8, so kudo's to you.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
At around 120 the rpms are around 5300, if I remember correctly. And the car will then leave the ground and breakup on re-entry, if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
das boot said:
At around 120 the rpms are around 5300, if I remember correctly. And the car will then leave the ground and breakup on re-entry, if I remember correctly.
Nothing like drunken rosey cheeks that scream out in gayness.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
im not even sure how fast ive had my car, before i had the chip it was around 120, afterwards...well i havent tried yet :? lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
I drive my car 120 all the time...oh wait, you guys are talking about MPH...nevermind!

my car only has wet dreams about those kinds of numbers!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Top speed for me...135 on blown turbo and room to spare...except that cop sitting behind the bridge :evil: At that speed, I was worried about my tires blowing on me, and I had lost Shane by 1/2 mile, that was my goal :)

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I love to get the stock 2.0 over 135. Specially when a G35c is on my ass. I don't think I posted that story but it happend after the DJD Sids fundraiser gtg.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i would think i was around the 5300-5500 RPM range, but i really wasn't looking, i was too worried about not flying off the road. she definately had a little more in her too. the stretch of road was maybe a mile from where i got on the highway to where i had to slow down, and it was a little uphill...she rode quite smooth too, and i was rocking the new alloys too, and luckily they were still balanced ! :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
My 1.8 only goes up to 120something. Or at least that what it says. I stopped at 110, around the 5,000 RPM range. Too much history with the cops to want to go any further :x .

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ran my jetta up to 6000 RPM at 143... Great for a 2.0 if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts