VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hard to explain but all ya gotta do is take off the cover, unplug the wires then reach in and there will be aclip that goes from one side to the other. slide the clip towards the bulb then down or up and it will unlatch. the bulb will almoast like fall out it will be so loose. put the old one in. put the clip accross, push it towards the bulb, and slide down or up to clip it in. I asked a girl for one of those lil compact mirror things and i looked in there using that. it helped alot! element4life01 is my AIM. IM me if you have any more questions or jsut post a reply. hope i helped.
rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been trying to figure out a quick and simple way to change my dead headlight bulbs for my 2000 Volkswagen Golf. I've usually taken it to the Dealership to have them changed, but the costs are starting to add up as for some reason the light bulbs in my car have been replaced more than three times for each exterior bulb.
Does anyone know a quick and easy way to do this? I've got some covers off, but just can't seem to figure out how to fit my hand in there to change the light bulbs for the headlights. Every other bulb I've been able to figure out and replace, it's just the headlight bulbs that are giving me a really hard time.
If anyone can help me or give me a link to somewhere, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rich,
I get the Golf bulb stuff, but what about the Beetle, can you direct to someone who can tell me about the headlight bulb replacement for the Beetle? I gotta know, I too have suffered the costs of expensive replacement and want to do it myself.

I'll be watching - or - you can e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, not sure about beetle. try the beetle forum. maybe soeone there can help. or maybe try a search on google for "new beetle headlight bulb replacement"
hope this helps
rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts