VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 days of rain and not driving it for 4 days, I pulled out of my driveway and the check engine light came on. The OBD code 0303 was for cylinder 3 misfire. I ran the car for a while to dry it out, but the light stayed on until I reset it with the OBD tool. Coincidently (or not?), the next morning I found this part in my driveway (see pictures) 3"-4" hard plastic, closeable case-like part with a formed rubber inside. I will change the plugs, wires and distributor cap this weekend, BUT... what is this part and could it have anything to do with the misfiring? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Click the thumbnail to enlarge. It look like 1H0 820 692 then I think it's a P A6-61-30
Looks like some kind of protective cover for something... wondering if it's something that shouldn't get wet, hence the problem.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
it's some type of insulator piece. number 37.
VAG Catalog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see the part #37, but can't figure out where it goes. The links go to some foreign language description. Still don't know if it is the cause of the skipping. Hate to bring it to a dealer... mucho dinero.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I changed the plugs & wires and seafoamed the Jetta. The check engine light went out and I passed emissions. BUT... when at low rpms I try to accelerate quickly, it still occasionally hesitates or skips a little. I'm guessing if it was the coil pack it would not just do it sometimes, but all the time. So, it must be an injector. Does this sound reasonable or might there be something else. Also, I still don't know what to do with the mystery part or how important an insulator is. Would love some input. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts