VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I 've a question about my car, 2000 GLS 4 cyc, about 65000 miles..
how come when i drive my car, the engine is so noise. and my friend's 2000 VR6 also like that? do u guys know what happen..
or any suggestion, Thank you so much

[ April 30, 2003: Message edited by: JettaGuy ]

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
What type of noise is it making? My VR6 has always seemed relatively quiet to me (other than the exhaust and intake). Do you have an aftermarket intake? I know for a while I had a problem with a ticking noise, it was the fuel injectors, but it should go away after a couple thousand miles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
bad azz jetta u got there anyway my guess would be if your drive the car nice and smood shiftin about 2500 rpm the car wouldnt be making any noise but on the other hand we usualy red line it and the car/engine starts gettin rough and noisy. Just my guess what do u guys say.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didn't change intake yet.
the sound is when u sit in the car and drive about 10mph and up, u can hear the engine is so noise.. when u stop gasing it, it's ok, but when u gasing it again, the engine sound appear..please give advice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car is auto, not manul..
and that is loud and noise from the engin...
that's what i can tell...
my friend also has that problem,his car is 2000 vr6 6cyc auto... we 'd checked from dealer, but they said nothing problems....help

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
3 things:

1) Sick jetta but needs suspension work badly!!! LOL She is screaming for it can't you hear? It isn't your engine. j/k

2) If it sounds too excesively go to the dealer and check it out. If they tell you it is normal ask to take out 2 other automatic GLS' jettas for test drive and comparison.

3) My Jetta/Bora's engine noise is pure music to my ears! LOL sorry to hear you don't like yours.

Did I say 3 things? I lied:

4)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first, it come out sound from engine only when i gasing it, example, when i go 65mph and stop gasing it, it doesn't have sound, but when i gasing it, the engine comes a loud sound...... i don't think is suspension problem

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JettaGuy:
first, it come out sound from engine only when i gasing it, example, when i go 65mph and stop gasing it, it doesn't have sound, but when i gasing it, the engine comes a loud sound...... i don't think is suspension problem<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't saying it was a suspension problem.

It was a joke.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well when your foot is on the gas the throttle body is open, so it could be something with airflow? I'm going to have to agree with Thomas and say take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey JettaGuy, what language do u speak? I am asking this so maybe we could help if you dont understand. I am not trying to offend you just trying to help.

Emir

·
Registered
335 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
this is too funny...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

too funny

·
Registered
335 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JettaGuy:
any suggestions???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you should go to a dealership that has the same car as you, and test drive it, listening to both engines and comparing the sound. an open-air intake makes the engine sound louder. if you are still worried that something is wrong with your car, i would have it diagnosed to make sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts