VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the fuel filter?! I cannot find any portion of the fuel system looking down on the engine.

What spark plug should be used? I think the OE plug is an NGK, but which one is it? Is there any reason to use another plug?

The manual recomends 10000 mile oil change intervals. Does anyone wait this long? I have changed it every 5000. Any good sources to get the oil filters for less than $15?

Should grease be applied to the ball joints/ suspension bushings? I'm getting some popping when the front suspension compresses.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
As far as your fuel questions go I can't help you. I change my oil every 5k miles, 10k seems a little bit long to me. I want this car to last. You have to be careful when changing the oil filter, I bring mine to a mechanic because these are a special kind of oil filter, and you can do serioius damage if you try to install it wrong.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The Fuel Filter should be under the car, right in front of the gas tank. Follow the lines from the tank to the front of the car. You will run into them

As for the spark plugs, not sure what the NGK number is, but I don't see why you couldn't change to a Bosch or something.

For oil changes, I don' care what the factory says, I change oil every 3000 no matter what. The Filter for the VR6 is just a cartridge type, Very easy to change. The lowest I've seen it was 9.00, because my friend works at Napa. I don't like to buy any other than factory VW filters.

As for the front end greasing. there is no grease fittings up front. they are suppose to be "Lubed for Life". Haha, what a joke.
The noise you hear up front it probably a lower ball joint or a strut bushing.
Not sure though.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts