VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
my GTI is playin up . . problem is im gettin it was like i missed a gear and had a crunchin noise after that my car started to whistle a bit more well more of a screach but then it started grindin whilst drivin and my gears seem harder to put in and wen its warm the noise is worse . . wen i put the clucth in it goes quiter iv been told it could be gearbox or clutch has anyone had this problem or no wat it is write bak cheers.

·
Registered
368 Posts
im in no way intending to start any problems, but use spell check, and add commas and what not..I am trying to help but can barely read what you wrote (or it could be i am extremely tired ???)

Sounds like your gearbox is acting up , but I could be wrong

Clutch you will feel it going. if the clutch is going 1. the clutch pedal will catch high, and 2. sometimes it won't go into gear without grinding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out ive got problems with both the clutch and the gearbox, not healthy.

GEARBOX: from what iv heard its a common fault on the gearbox the unit has rivets in which tend to wear and fall out leavin a nice hole in the gearbox. Most recon gearboxs have replaced these with bolts.

CLUTCH: bearings gone.

looks like im gona be spendin some money.

tip: if buying polo gti, make sure its got a recon gearbox then ur laughin. if not, expect trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts