VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I recently had my car in the VW dealer shop to figure out what was happening that caused the CEL to come on. They checked the car out and told me what was wrong, I then fixed he problems myself. I had figured that they would find out why the airbag light was on, but they didn't because that would cost more because it's a separate module. I figured that it was a line of BS and that they just wanted more money. How can I figure out which sensor us the problem? i thought it would store codes that could be pull like with obd.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Couple of things. You need to find someone with a Vagcom in your area. There is a vagcom locator tool. do a google search for it. if you are close to Minneapolis I can help you out. The code will tell you which sensor is problematic, but it can only be reset with a Vagcom. there is a hand held reset tool that I have had medium success with, but it doesn't tell you what sensor it is. And you are right if the stealership told you it is a separate module technically they are right but it is the same process they are using the same diagnostic tool. Find a better dealership. I realize I just told you to capture a unicorn, but you have to get parts in a pinch from somewhere. it's not like you can just run down to autozone. Let me know if I can help further.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts