VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what's going on really. Just replaced heat bank sensor 1 after check engine was on and had it coded, after it being replaced I removed the battery connections to reset the computer. After replaced, when my engine is cool, it will idle normally, but the rpm will idk how to explain but skip or jump? Not really acting like it would stall but someone might think it sounds like it should. I was told but some it could be the IAC maybe needs cleaned, or if I just remove the battery connections it might reset itself, I'm not entirely sure what to do or how to approach not really having any car experience. I don't want to take it to a shop and get it checked out and having to pay for something ridiculous or something of the nature.. Idk I need help and some ideas so I know where to head and what to do. Thank you

Attachments

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Sounds like a misfire. It's common. You need to reset the ecu using a code reader or vagcom. The battery trick doesn't work for these cars. You can buy a generic vagcom cable on eBay and download the free version of vagcom or vcds lite from Ross-tech.com. much better than a generic code reader. Also what engine do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2.0 , I tried the battery last night and this morning it didn't seem to come back, maybe I got lucky, I'm not sure but it would usually do it almost all the way to work ( until the engine would warm up ) being I only live about 4 miles from work. But if it happens again how much is this code reader?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts