VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Jetta and I made the big mistake of not getting leather seats so i am stuck with the cloth back ones that everything sticks to. The only way to get the shit off is to use tape. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and what they do??????

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have black cloth seats in my 2003 Golf. Since I have 3 animals in the house, you can imagine what my seats can get to looking like.

I use a lint brush on my seats. Depending on the amount of hair and such on the seats, it could be a little time consuming...but works well nonetheless.

I hope this helps a little. The cloth's a pain, but I still like it hehe.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Yeah, defnitely glad I went with the leather...MUCH easier to keep clean. Unfortunately much easier to rip too though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
Yeah, defnitely glad I went with the leather...MUCH easier to keep clean. Unfortunately much easier to rip too though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear you...My leather console was peeling, so I took it back to VW dealership, and they said they were gonna replace it b/c we're still under warranty, but after 5 days they gave me my car back and was like, "We have to order parts. We'll call you when we get them." It's been two months, they've never called back. Those jerks! At least I got to rent for free the 1.8T GTI, and then I fell in love with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Another question.........I have the cloth and don't really have any problems with stuff sticking to it but more with STAINS. I really wish i got a darker cloth or leather but i bought the car used and it has the tan cloth. Is there anyone else with the tan cloth that has any good stain removing tips?? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks ~Dan

·
Registered
423 Posts
If you want something good to take pet hair off the seats and or anything inside the car.
Get yourself one of these,
Click me for Pet Hair Brush

As for stains, Get a good cleaner in an aerosol. Thats the easiest to work with. And get to the stain before it works it's way farther into the seat.

Good luck and try to keep the inside of the car clean..

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
I like my sport velour, and would take it over leather any day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, gotta agree with the other Josh here...I like the Velour, pluys in '01, the leather seats didn't have near the bolstering that the sport velour ones did.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
My Jetta has Black Velour, and yes everything sticks to it. I found the best way is to vaccum it the best you can with a shop-vac then take duct tape to it. You will have to you about 10 strips. Lint brushes are rollers are usually not strong enough to pick it up. I also heard people using yellow rubber kitchen gloves to remove the lint and such.

My GTI has beige leather and I use Gold Glass Leather by Maguires, love the leather!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
I like my sport velour, and would take it over leather any day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I third that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts