VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Jetta VR6 is dying when I come to a stop. Not all the time, but every 5 days or so. I try to restart but nothing works, not my hazard lights or anything, and not even a ''click click click'' like when it's a dead battery; eventually it does start up after 5 or more tries. The battery and alternator are fine. I took it to the shop & they replaced the mass airflow sensor, cleaned the throttle, and cleared my CEL codes, but it's still dying and the CEL came on again with these error codes:

16518/P0134 Oxygen Sensor No Activity;
16519/P0135 Oxygen Sensor Heating Circuit Malfunction;
17511/P1103 Oxygen Sensor Heating; Performance too Low;
16795/P0411 Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected

They checked for loose wiring and connectors but can't identify the problem. So they just gave it back to me unfixed!

My idle is also a little rough/shakey, and it's slower than usual when I try to accelerate in 1st & 2nd, sometimes shuddering.

Has anyone had this same problem? Help???

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
16518/P0134 Oxygen Sensor No Activity;
16519/P0135 Oxygen Sensor Heating Circuit Malfunction;
17511/P1103 Oxygen Sensor Heating; Performance too Low;
Im gonna go out on a limb and say check voltage at O2 sensor and if it is good, change your O2 sensor.

16795/P0411 Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected
This code is caused by one of about 5 things -none of which impact anything other than the environment and your ability to get a tag. It would not be related to the problems you are experiencing. It is a system that operates for 65 seconds at start up for emissions mitigation.

Possible causes of P0411 code:

1)Bad Secondary Air Pump $$$$
2)Bad Air Solenoid Valve (Shut Off Valve) $$
3)Bad Diverter Valve $
4)Bad Air pump hoses $
5)Pinched Air pump Hose $

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the prompt reply. Just to clarify -- you think the O2 sensor is/could be what's causing the electrical system to shut down as I'm coming to a stop?

The mechanic at the shop seemed to think it was unrelated, but obviously there's some problem with it from all the error codes.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Thank you for the prompt reply. Just to clarify -- you think the O2 sensor is/could be what's causing the electrical system to shut down as I'm coming to a stop?

The mechanic at the shop seemed to think it was unrelated, but obviously there's some problem with it from all the error codes.
Maybe, but I think the circuit having a short or bad ground is as likely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts