VW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am wanting to rebuild the upper end with performance parts to prepare for a much larger Turbo, but I am at a loss as to what I should get or what I need. I want to do a complete rebuild and have been looking for kits with everything you need but I can't seem to find anything other than a Reman. Head assembly from ECStuning Volkswagen Golf IV 1.8T Engine Mechanical - 06A103265GX - Remanufactured Cylinder Head Assembly - ES#1848616

My engine code is AWP

I really want the strongest and best performing parts, but I am new to VW's and I haven't really done much engine internal work before. I'm not scared, because I'm methodical and mechanically inclined, I just need to know what direction to go. There may be a thread on this specific subject already, but I haven't found it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
check out integrated engineering. Integrated Engineering | Audi Parts Audi Accessories VW Parts

unless youre power goals are over 400hp the stock head will be fine. the weakest link in the head are the exhaust valves. if youre going to tear into the motor your best bet is atleast a set of good rods and new rings or new oversize pistons. thats the route im going with eventually a built head and race cams. but by that point the car wont be daily driven anymore

1 - 2 of 2 Posts