VW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if any one can help me. i have a 2002 jetta 1.8t and there is 3 lights on my dash that are on they are the ASR, ABS and my Emergency Brake. The E-Brake constantly flashes. does anyone know what could be causing this?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Absolutely useless comment.. but.. if the e-brake light is on and it's disengaged, then it seems like a sensor of some sort to me..

It does seem like ABS, anti slip regular, and emergency brake are all connected.. so maybe it's something that controls the 3 lights that's causing an issue? Again.. dumb input I guess..

·
Registered
682 Posts
if any one can help me. i have a 2002 jetta 1.8t and there is 3 lights on my dash that are on they are the ASR, ABS and my Emergency Brake. The E-Brake constantly flashes. does anyone know what could be causing this?
Did you have any work done on the brakes recently? New pads or anything?
Just wondering if the connection to the front pad wear indicator is disconnected or has a broken wire. It's the pad on the front passenger side I think. Presumably brake fluid level is good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dud just put new pads on it but the lights were on before I did anything to them. Could it possibly be a speed sensor?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Did you have any work done on the brakes recently? New pads or anything?
Just wondering if the connection to the front pad wear indicator is disconnected or has a broken wire. It's the pad on the front passenger side I think. Presumably brake fluid level is good.
Wear sensor is on the Drivers side.
That's a different light though. ABS light might be the ABS sensor, but I don't see why it would cause the ASR and Brake light to be on...I would check and see all wires are connected in the front area.
Maybe one shook loose.

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
The ABS light could be coming on because of a wheel speed sensor since the ASR works off the wheels speed and so do the brakes for the ASR system. Fixing the wheel speed sensor should fix 2/3 if the issues you're having.

As far as the brake light there is a recall on the brake light switch (not sure if it will help) for MK IV's...I doubt it will stop it but you might as well take it in and have them replace that under recall and see if they have any insight on the situation. Could be as simple as a switch that's shorting out. Have you tried pushing down the e-brake hard because sometimes theres just enough slack in the cable to let it go up and down freely enough to turn the light on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts