VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Jetta 2.0 as a project car with 110,000 miles. Well there had been a rattle which I thought was probably from a loose exhaust component but was also inspecting the timing belt this morning. Well I started and moved the car to where I was gonna work on it and left it idling. As soon as I popped the hood I watched the timing belt snap. Should I bother trying to replace the belt assuming nothing else is damaged? The car ran great prior to now, minus the rattling of course. Suggestions, please?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after disassembling I realize that the timing cam pulley has teeth with chunks out of it. How would that even happen?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually the crankshaft pulley that has teeth missing. I think I will be better off just replacing the motor with a used one. Which years can interchange because I'd like to get the newest motor possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Engines up to 2005.5 I believe. Golf and New Beetle engines are also compatible. Make sure the ECU #'s match your ECU so you don't need to get a new ECU, ECU wiring harness, Instrument Cluster, and key(s) from the donor car you get the engine from.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts