VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 03' Vr6 Gti, drove great on the test drive, drove an hour back, drove around a bit later for 30mins. Parked it then went to start like 15 mins later to check my throttle cable and nothing. It cranks and sounds like it wants to start but wont start. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It cranks and sounds like it wants to start but wont start. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Might be fuel pump. Had similar issue on mk4 r32 a couple months ago. There are posts here that will help diagnose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased an 03' Vr6 Gti, drove great on the test drive, drove an hour back, drove around a bit later for 30mins. Parked it then went to start like 15 mins later to check my throttle cable and nothing. It cranks and sounds like it wants to start but wont start. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No place for a fuel pump pressure gauge to be installed. Have to cut into the fuel line to install one.

VW does not the owners of these cars to be working on them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My brother said you dont buy vw for anything other than a working CEL. Lol. He had a similar issue in Nov. It was the crank sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts